Technical Results for Consultants & Developers
Breadwinner is designed to be enhanced by developers. We provide QuickBooks Online Data in native and custom Salesforce objects. You can further add formulas, Apex roll-ups, workflow and triggers.
Breadwinner consists of nine objects, though for most customers, only five objects are used.
Specifically, most customers use Breadwinner for their Accounts Receivable, i.e. receiving money from their clients. This will utilize five Breadwinner objects,
- Invoice object (which is a perfect copy / slave record of the QuickBooks Online Invoice object), which also includes the Credit Memos from QuickBooks Online
- Line Item, a master detail child object of the Invoice, reflecting QuickBooks Online Invoice and Credit Memo lines
- Payments, a child of the QBO Customer record, reflecting payments and pre-payments made by customers
- Payment Transactions, a junction object between the Payment object and the Invoice object, reflecting how Payments are allocated to the Invoices
- The QBO Company object, which reflects all of the QuickBooks Online Customer and Vendor records.
For customers on Breadwinner Business Edition or higher, they may also use the Accounts Payable objects, which consist of
- Bill / PO object, which is the counterpart to the Invoice object, except that it reflects either payments (Bills) or a request for an Invoice (PO)
- Bill / PO Line Item object, which reflects line items on the Bill or PO. This is visually displayed as two related lists / sections of the Bill / PO, because QuickBooks Online has two types of Line Items in Accounts Payable.
- Bill / PO Payments, a child of the QBO Customer record, reflecting payments and pre-payments made to Vendors
- Bill / PO Payment Transactions, a junction object between the Payment object and the Bill / PO object, reflecting how Payments are allocated to the Bills
None of the objects in Salesforce should ever be changed, created or deleted in Salesforce. Instead, QuickBooks Online Customers and Vendors can and should be created or edited through our Guided Invoice Creation wizard. And Invoices, Bills, and PO’s should be created through our Guided Invoice Creation wizard.
If you need to edit an Invoice, BIll or PO, then this change should be made in QuickBooks Online, for financial security and data integrity. Within about 15 minutes of being updated in QuickBooks Online, the records will be updated in Salesforce. (The exception to this is the deletion of records in QuickBooks Online, which does not result in a data trail, so it can take up to two weeks for these records to be marked deleted in Salesforce)
Additionally, Breadwinner can create QuickBooks Online Inventory Items based on Opportunity Products. We will create a corresponding QuickBooks Online Inventory Item in QuickBooks Online based on the Opportunity Product Code. We create QuickBooks Online Inventory Items on demand at the time of Invoice Creation. QuickBooks Online Inventory creation happens in the background, and is transparent to the end user.
If you need to bringQuickBooks Online Inventory Items into Salesforce as Opportunity Products, you can do so as a one-time operation from the Breadwinner tab. Once Inventory is imported as Opportunity Products, we strongly recommend using Opportunity Products as your master data set, rather than QuickBooks Online. This is because Opportunity Products have a more sophisticated structure in Salesforce, and also because we can create (if needed) QuickBooks Online Inventory Items transparently at the time of Invoice creation.